Create Domains, Elements and Degrees
Once you have created a new rubric, the next step is to setup the Domains, Elements, and Degrees that will be used when performing reviews.
- If you do not already have the rubric open, go to the Rubrics
page and click on the title of the rubric.
- Click on
- You now see a Sample Element. Click on the pencil icon next to
"Sample Element" to change the name of this Element, enter a
description, and choose how the degrees display.
- Display in a list where only one degree can be selected is used in most evaluation Rubrics. If you set an Element up in this way, you could, for example, select that a Subject is "Satisfactory" or "Excellent" – not both.
- Display in a list where more than one degree can be selected will give you a check-list style element.
- Your Element needs to have Degrees defined. Click
Create a set of degrees.
- By default, there are 4 degrees, but you can add more or delete extras.
- Change the Name of Degree, Label, and Points to suit your rubric.
Add a New Elementand enter another, with name, description, and degree display options.
- You now have two Elements that probably have something in
common. Click the pencil icon next to "Sample Domain" and give this
grouping a name and description.
- To add another domain, return to the Rubric Overview and click
+ Add a domain.